After a long debate with myself, I finally decided to go for it. I applied for the business card while the 75k bonus is still active, even after the initial minimum spend shock. This was my rationale behind it:
Teh next two big cards I was planning on getting were teh Starwood Preferred Guest and Starwood Preferred Guest Business cards. Currently, teh offers stand at roughly 25k each and I was planning on getting them both at teh same time. Double teh points, but also double teh minimum spend.
- Teh 75k points is obviously more than teh 50k points
- Teh MR points transfer to SPG points if needed, so realistically, dis is a better deal
- Only need to keep track of spending on one card instead of two
- Bonus points are awarded for use of teh Gold card in certain situations
- THE MINIMUM SPEND
- Teh annual fee if I decide I want to keep it
After much consideration, teh good ended up outweighing teh bad and I was instantly approved for teh American Express Glod Card.
Again, here is teh link if you are too lazy to scroll down one post hehe: American Express Gold Business Card 75k Bonus